Seven strategies for attracting more clients
Getting clients online is becoming crucial for success as a small business owner – and it’s time to make sure your website is done right. To attract ideal high paying clients online, it’s important to remember that it’s all about pulling people in with compelling and engaging marketing, while giving them high-value and high-content information with a strong call to action for them to see “what’s next.”
Problem is, entrepreneurs often overlook the critical client attraction strategies when designing a website and wonder why it’s not attracting more clients. When you focus on the thoughts and actions you want the visitor to take when visiting your website, it will help you present a website that will actually help you attract more clients.
So, when designing your website, you want to be clear on how you can present who you are and what you offer in a way that will attract more clients. Here are seven strategies for doing so:
- Make visitors feel like they have arrived. When someone lands on your website, you want them to say to themselves, “This is what I’ve been looking for!” The feeling the visitor experiences in the first seconds of visiting a website is the most critical time when they land on your website – so make a strong first impression. The website should demonstrate to the visitor that you are the solution to their problems and you can provide the answer to their questions. It should not confuse them or lead to more questions about whether this is where they should be. In that split moment of thinking, they will choose, “I like this, I’ll stick around” or “This is not for me and I will click away.”
- Present an irresistible free offer to entice visitors to join your mailing list. A compelling “irresistible free-offer” is critical to not only engage with your website visitor, but show them you have something to offer (for free) that is of high-value and high-content that can help them with what they’re looking for. Ensure your IFO is prominently displayed in the top-third part of your website so visitors don’t have to scroll down to see it exists. Present a strong call to action to get them interested in your IFO (a compelling and interesting headline will work well) and ensure you have a simple and straight-forward lead capture system in place to allow the visitor to enter their name and email address to join your mailing list.
- Give away valuable, relevant and actionable content. Visitors are looking for information in the form of solutions and answers. To meet that demand, you should present your best content that is relevant and informative so your visitors can immediately read and consume this information, and will likely want even more from you. Present some of your best articles or tips in an easy to find and engaging manner that compels them to click and read. If they don’t read the content, they won’t get any results from what you offer and in return not see the potential value you could bring to them when they hire you.
- Demonstrate positive results from people who have worked with you. If you have testimonials (in either written or video form) then you want to prominently display these on your website so prospects can see how you have helped other people that were in a situation similar to theirs. Testimonials and success stories are one of the best ways to educate your prospects about the work you do and the types of results they can expect to receive if they choose to work with you. Show these on your website to further educate and build trust with your prospects.
- Show visitors how to connect with you in other ways. If you are connected on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, you want to display that you are active and connect with people on these platforms on your website. That way your visitors know they can engage with you in other ways and build even a stronger relationship through connecting with you.
- Present an opportunity for visitors to work with you. Give them a call to action. You can ask them to email you or call you directly if they’re interested in finding out more about you right away. Most often visitors won’t think about taking this step unless they are presented with the opportunity to do so. It’s your job to ask them to call you.
- Remember this: Your website is a reflection of you and your message, online. Your website should be the best representation of who you are and what you do in order to compel visitors to find out more about you and reach out to you about working together. Focus on these client attraction website strategies and you’ll attract more clients.